5. I'm not single - The plot of 'I'm Not Single' tells of a young couple, Maya and Adam, who loathe each other because they are forced into an arranged marriage by their parents. Though they fight all the time, at the bottom of their heart, they actually love each other.
cheesy, full of cliches, typical, unlogical - but i still like it
4. L.O.V.E - an Indonesian version of CINTA. compilation of 5 love story; tells about unconditional love. an old, forgetful teacher with an ageing lady, triangle love between married wife and a stranger, successful novelist and bookshop cashier, a brother that in love with his own sister-in-law, and love at first sight.
a good movie, but not as good as the original version, CINTA.
3. Susuk - Beauty has a price. The film is about Soraya, a young trainee nurse who is starting to feel disaffected by her life. She wants to be a star. Soraya is told that the forbidden practice of susuk can help. "susuk lah yang membezakan orang biasa dengan artis..", and there goes - human life is required...
the best horror flick in its genre (in malaysia) - complicated storyline, but hey, i lurve complicated drama.
2. Sepi - a combination of three tragic love story - three individuals in the city learn the meaning of love, loss and loneliness. a well written script, a great performance and an unforgettable poem : 'Bisikku pada bulan, kembalikan temanku, kekasihku, syurgaku, tanpa dia malam menemaniku, sepi memelukku, bulan jangan biar siang, biar alam ini kelam, biar ia sepi sepertiku'
best performance from a newcomer actress, Baizura. siapa boleh lupakan, jeritannya, sambil mengejar watak bayangan teman lelakinya, "KHALIL!!!!!!!".. Bang! dah kena langgar. sapa suruh tak tengok kiri kanan..
1. Ayat Ayat Cinta - a love-themed film (from very islamic point of view). A must-see film as the film itself is beautiful. Enough said. Just get a dvd, and enjoy the movie. you will find Fakhri, a 'lelaki melayu terakhir yang super baik + super alim + goodlooking' dan aisya, gadis 'super mulia + super cantik'. hehehe.
to girls out there, lepas je tengok movie ni, anda akan terkena virus - Pencinta Fakhri..
Fakhri - lelaki kegilaan wanita wanita
Top 5 2008 Best English Films
5. Eagle Eye - Jerry and rachel are two strangers thrown together by a mysterious phone call from a woman they have never met. threatening their lives and family, she pushes Jerry and Rachel into a series of dangerous situations, using technologies of everyday life to control their every moves.
unpredictable storyline, creative shot, great car-chasing scene, complicated plot. the disadvantage is that the movie looks like a combination of few steven speilberg's previous film. hmm, spoil sikit la..
4. Hellboy - The Golden Army - a fantasy-superhero film based on the fictional comic. attracted to this movie just because of the the film been directed by the same director of Pan's Labyrinth - mamat ni sangat creative dalam men'visual'kan makhluk2 fantasi. Kool.
p/s: u guys should watch Pan's Labyrinth as well. Great movie. a story of an abused girl during World War II. she starts to imagine fairy tales - just to forget the unfortunate reality. very sad movie.
1. The Dark Knight - This film is a sequal to 2005's Batman Begin. The film follows Batman and the struggles and journey in combating the new threat of 'the joker'. Oh, who can forget the Joker yang sangat sangat la menjadi. A very depressed, dark, sad character - by Academy Award Nominee Heath Ledger. the trademark 'why so serious? let me put a smile on your face...' - psycho la..
why so serious.......
talented mr heath ledger. tapi dia dah mati la... drug overdosed.
Top 5 2008 Best Trip
5. Abu Dhabi Trip - Camping, shopping, sleeping in the bus - hmm, just checkout my previous post on Abu Dhabi Trip.
4. Oman Trip - celebrating Eid Fitri with 'beach style' - sedang mandi pagi di pantai, terdengar takbir raya, "eh, lupa, hari ni hari raya lah.."
2. Tioman Island - A goodbye trip. my last vacation with my uia's collegues. totally worth-it. mandi pantai. snorkeling. berkaraoke (walau suara, ehem ehem, sendiri mau ingatlah..), lepak tepi pantai sampai lewat malam. enjoy. balik ke kl kulit dah jadi macam kerang hangus.
hey, its Leornado Di Ca-periuk
latifah, my sister
5. Buying top-up card Celcom RM10 using coins (20cent coins, God, i am pathetic..)
al fatihah untuk Dr. Syuk.
Dr. syukri dalam kenangan...
Top 5 2008 Best Malay Song
5. Sempurna - Andra and the Backbone
4. Kekasih Gelapku - Ungu
3. Hanya Kau Yang Mampu - Aizat
2. Seribu Tahun - Imran Ajmain
1. Syurga Hati - Ungu
entah kenapa, dalam banyak banyak lagu, macam dah ketagih pada lagu yang satu ni. kalau x silap, lagu(or maybe nashid) ni singled-out sempena bulan puasa. dia punya lirik tu macam menginsafkan saja. so, sempena post ni, kita dengaq la lagu ni eh. nanti minggu depan kita tukaq lain.
Top 5 2008 Best English Song
5. This Aint a Scene, Its an Arm Race - Fall Out Boys
3. Umbrella - Marie Digby Version
2. Please dont stop the Music - Rihanna
1. Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
minah ni, walau pun macam high aja, dan macam kaki dadah ja, dan macam berpakaian tak senonoh ja, dia sangatlah talented. Lagu dia Back to Black ni - dah beratus ratus kali dipasang kat my laptop. dan dia ni pernah menang grammy awards for her debut album. dengar lagu ok la. rambut macam sarang tebuan tu, x sanggup nak tengok...
2008 Top 5 Creative Proposal in Dubai
5. RAK Convention and Exhibition Center, UAE.
The proposal of RAK Convention and Exhibition Center in the new city of Ras al Khaimah in the UAE. The building looks like a Death Star, the centre consists of a spherical glass and steel nest and a very long low building raised off the ground. nampak kool kan? bangunan ni nampak cam sesuai letak kat planet marikh. hahaha. very futuristic to me.
4. the Dancing Tower, Dubai
Zaha Hadid's Dancing Tower within the Business Bay Development, Dubai. The three towers rise above the creek and project themselves as an icon for the surrounding developments and for the gulf region. The towers are inter-twined and rotate to maximizing the views from the site towards the creek and neighboring developments. Oh, for those who dont know who is Zaha Hadid - she is one of the well-known female architect that loves to experiment building form. kalau ada masa, i will post a special entry, publishing Zaha Hadid's works. Kool.
3. The Apeiron, Dubai
The Apeiron hotel is a 7 star, 185m, 500 million island hotel with more than 350 luxury suites. Access is restricted to water (yacht) and air (helicopter) only. "The Apeiron is the definitive James Bond retreat, art gallery, luxury shopping, cinemas, spas, and conference facilities." say architects, Sybarite UK. Personally, i like the idea of floating structure / building - where we can maximise the views.
Hydropolis is the world's first underwater luxury resort. It will sit 66 feet below the surface of Persian Gulf and feature 220 guest suites. The Hyropolis, scheduled for completion by this year, has faced major delays due to cost issues and concerns over the project's impact on marine life). Hmmm, looking at the currect economic condition, i dont think, the project will be completed by this year..
1. Da Vinci Tower
The tower also known as rotating tower and dynamic architecture. Concept for 250-meter high tower with rotating floors and a system that automatically produces electricity. Created by architect David Fisher. Personally, i adore this concept very much, as i think, this building will revolutionize the architectural world by this innovative design. the building is rotating, every second, thus, the form of the building is changing - never stay the same. just imagine the city in the future with moving and rotating building. (cuba tengok tangga bergerak dalam filem harry potter pun dah mengagumkan, inikan pulak building.. wow!)
2008 Top 5 My Best Photo Caption
5. Title : Dubai Mall's Opening
4. Title : Dubai from Air
3. Title : Am I still the Highest?
2. Title : Dubai in Gold
1. Title : Sepetang di Litar Lumba.
sweet word are easy to say,
sweet things are easy to buy,
but sweet people are difficult to find.
life ends when you stop dreaming,
hope ends when you stop believing,
love ends when you stop caring,
friendship ends when you stop sharing.
happy new year 2009 to all
minta maaf ampun kalau ada salah silap.